The gorgeous Clytie nominated me for a blogger award! (The liebster award or something....) Thank ye m'lady. :)
- when you are nominated, thank the person/people who nominated you in your next post. Include a link to their blog.
- in that post include 11 things about yourself.
- answer the 11 questions from the person who nominated you.
- choose 11 bloggers to nominate.
- create 11 questions for them to answer.
- let them know you nominated them.
11 Things About Myself:
1. something Pogo brought up in the last post--I don't like female vocalists, unless they're opera singers. I have an itty bitty handful of exceptions (like Hole, and the Cranberries, and the occasional Abba song when I'm drunk), but generally I can't stand listening to female singers. A male friend suggests that this is because I am a Pack Leader and no woman should be howling but me.
I suppose I can accept that explanation.
2. I have wanted to learn to joust since I was little. Unfortunately, most places will not teach women because it's hard to get armor to fit properly over boobs, which can be problematic if you're hit in the chest with a lance and the armor shifts. You can actually lose your head that way.
3. I love my boobs. They're the main thing keeping me afloat in the stormy sea of ED recovery and Christmas foods. Because with every extra calorie I consume, they get a little larger.
BEAR WITNESS TO THEIR GLORY
4. I recently finished writing an entire novel (albeit a children's novel) in two months. It's the longest book I've ever written (~68,000 words). The entire thing got started because I saw this photo of Munly at the top of my tumblr dashboard at 2.00 in the morning:
5. People are constantly telling me that I smell good. I never wear perfume, but instead a blend of oils (Nag Champa and Night Queen, which I purchase at Moondancer).
6. One of my favourite things to do ever is drive aimlessly. I take off early in the morning and just drive in one direction until I no longer recognize my surroundings, and then I purposely try to get lost so I can both find new interesting places and also find my way home without maps or GPS. At this point, I know almost every back road in a 200-mile radius. I can also get to Philadelphia and back without ever getting on a highway.
|Because you never know when you might stumble across an abandoned castle in the middle of the woods of New Jersey....|
7. My hair colourist probably knows more about my private life than anyone else.
8. Sometimes when no one else is home, I put Beethoven or Verdi or something similar on the huge stereo in the living room (with the surround sound) and blast it loud enough to shake the house. The neighbours have complained about this more than once.
9. Currently 9 out of my 10 fingers have wounds that refuse to heal, as a result of the combination of the dryness caused by central heating and my inability to stop picking at the cuts and cracks. My knuckles are all cracked as well. This is the second year in a row that the splits and cracks on my thumbs did not heal in the spring/summer, so I have now had open wound(s) on my thumbs for a straight 25 and a half months. Big Sis#2 has the same problem, except her hands look like they're coated in chalk. Because of this, we now refer to each other as The Leper (me) and Asbestos-Hands (BigSis2).
I'd post pictures but trust me no one wants to see that.
10. My Boss is dating an ex-porn star. Like legit.
She's friends with Jenna Jameson and everything.
11. I'm hungry. Someone make me a sandwich.
And Clytie's questions:
1. Most prized possession?
As a hoarder, this is a difficult question to answer...
If my house was on fire and I only had time to grab one thing (after grabbing the cats obviously, but I don't count them as possessions because technically I am their possession), I think it would be the Alethiometer.
Dunno why, I just love it...
2. Where do you see yourself in 3 months?
Idk? Hopefully not exactly where I am now, but I feel like that's the most likely.
3. In a year?
Hopefully on my way the f*ck out of New Jersey. Operation Move To Colorado is in the works...
4. Favorite article of clothing?
The Baroque gowns:
5. Biggest vice?
Smoking I guess.
6. Best day of your life?
I'm still waiting for that one to happen.
7. Worst day?
The day my cat died.
8. If you could choose how and when you die?
In battle, on a Friesian, with a sword.
9. What is the worst thing your illness has caused you to do?
Cut myself off from nearly all of my friends in favour of a hermetic life.
10. Favorite song?
There are sooooo many! I can't choose this on my own, so I shall consult itunes....
...There is a three-way tie for Most Played songs: my fav Queen song, WovenHand, and my absolute favourite piece of Classical music ever.
11. Biggest secret?
That will follow me to my grave.
So I'm supposed to nominate 11 people. To make this as fair as possible, I'm going with the last 11 commenters on this blog (skipping those who I know did this already, and skipping Suldog because I think he swore off surveys...):
and Pogo :P
and Pogo :P
Aaaaaaaaaaand now 11 questions for you gorgeous people:
1. Who's your favourite Batman villain?
2. Who is the rightful ruler of Westeros?
3. You're stuck in the booby-trapped home of the bad guy from The Collector, and locked in a room with your neighbour's annoying and kind of vicious dog, a bully from your grade school years, and a relative you really can't stand. You happen to stumble upon a way of escape, but there's only time to grab one of the others in the room to save them before the booby-trapped room kills the other two. Who do you save?
4. You're having a grand ol' time at a party when suddenly the zombie apocalypse strikes. Luckily, everyone at the party has awesome survival skills, and most of them brought food, water, weapons, and camping gear with them in their cars. If you leave with them now, you WILL survive the zombies and get to a safe place somewhere in the wilderness.
your family is still in your house, over an hour from where you are now, and much closer to the city (which is obviously filled with many more zombies than the suburbs or the country, where you are). And you have the family's only working vehicle.
What do you do? Stay with the other survivors, or risk everything to go back for your loved ones who may, in all likelihood, be overrun by zombies already?
5. What's your favourite bird?
6. Do you believe that dragons and unicorns once existed, sometime long, long ago?
7. Have you ever thought about robbing a bank? How would you do it?
8. Yay, you found a genie!
Make three wishes.
9. Do you have any strange phobias?
10. Under pain of torture and death, you must choose between spending twenty-four hours in a bathtub full of wolf spiders, or marrying into Honey Boo Boo's family and spending the rest of your life under house arrest in their home. What do you pick?
11. It's nighttime and you're leaving the mall to hurry to your car, which is parked in a dark and empty corner of a sketchy parking garage. A nerdy-looking man nearby is trying to load some heavy shopping bags into the trunk of his car, but he's having a very hard time of it because he has a big cast on one arm. He ends up dropping half of his stuff all over the ground.
Do you stop and help him?
I hope all of you are enjoying the holiday season! ♥