Living where I do, I tend to run into the same people every morning when I get my coffee at Quick Check. There's this one lady who is obsessed with Tinker Bell.
I know this because she has a giant Tinker Bell keychain, Tinker Bell on her phone case, a Tinker Bell sticker on the rear window of her car, and her seats in the car are totally decked out in Tinker Bell seat covers.
I can't friggin stand Tinker Bell. I don't have a legitimate reason, she just pisses me off.
But this got me thinking, if I were to decorate every aspect of my person with a Disney character, who would it be?
No question, it would be Merlin.
Possibly one of the most under appreciated Disney characters of all time
from the most under appreciated Disney film of all time.
(The Sword in the Stone. You should watch it immediately.)
So what about the rest of you? If forced to choose a Disney character as the official mascot of all of your accessories, who would you pick?




Grumpy.
ReplyDeleteSo enjoyed The Sword in the Stone.
ReplyDeleteI want to be Miss Bianca from The Rescuers. Smart, talented and quite sassy.
The Emperor's New Groove is an overlooked movie too. Daughter and I giggled through the whole movie. There were lots of little fun jokes put in starting off with the dancers in the beginning. Daughter and I still say "Llama Face" to each other.
Maybe I guess I would be Jock from "Lady and The Tramp" As a child that is where my love of gud dug Scotties came from.
cheers, parsnip, thehamish and fergus
Are you my long-lost sister??? My favourite Disney movie is "The Sword in the Stone" -- it came out when I was about 5 or 6 and I just ADORED it! And I adored Wart and Merlin too! I was so young I didn't even know it was a retelling of the story of King Arthur until I was, like, a teenager, LOL! The first major fantasy series I ever read was "The Once and Future King" once I discovered that it was the basis for the Disney film.
ReplyDeleteAnd I have never liked Tink. Never.
Merriweather!! From Disney version of sleeping beauty. I adored her from the first moment, however young I was. And even though I love pink!
ReplyDeleteYESSS I love those fairies!!
DeleteThat's my favourite of the princess films, but I will argue that technically Sleeping Beauty is not a princess film because Aurora isn't really the main character...
Make it pink.
I love Merlin, he's so funny. I love all things Disney. I must confess I own a Tinker Bell tote bag. But I much prefer the villains, my favorite Disney t shirt had pictures of the Queen from Snow White, Malificent from Sleeping Beauty, Ursula from the Little Mermaid... I forget who else, but they were all deliciously evil.
ReplyDeleteI was never a Disney kid... I was more Looney Toons. So... Bugs, of course.
ReplyDeleteAlthough, as a grownup, I've come to appreciate Foghorn Leghorn more and more. I would totally be him so I could get to say things like, "Nice girl, but about as sharp as a sack of wet mice."
Tinkerbell doesn't piss me off because I've seen some cute cosplay of her, but some women over-obsess with her and it's really creepy
ReplyDeleteIs Eeyore disney? I am not proud but he's the closest to me.
ReplyDeleteI don't think I would ever decorate something that I own in just one character. If I had to pick just one Disney character though...Yoda. He totally counts now. Yoda is the one true Disney Princess.
ReplyDeleteFailing that, I think I'd go with Flounder from Little Mermaid. It's a cute fish. What's not to love?
Your answer is perfect. I forgot Disney owns Star Wars now. That changes everything.
DeleteGrumpy the dwarf here.
ReplyDeleteMy daughter's nickname is Tinkabell and she is a right little bitch who pisses many people off.............. me I am sleepy
ReplyDelete"Sword in the Stone" was fantastic.
ReplyDeleteI think I'd be one one of the dwarfs.
Hopefully, not Dopey.
I liked the Sword in the Stone. I think I saw it once in the theater, but that must have been how they reissue Disney movies from time to time.
ReplyDeleteMy Disney mascot... Yikes. That's a very deep question, and I have a headache developing. So, let's just go with what pops into my head right now, but I reserve the right to change my mind later.
(I think my mother would pick Evinrude. You know, the dragonfly from the Rescuers...)
I'll go with Darkwing Duck.
Merlin is a great choice! I always like Peter Pan because I do have a bit of Peter Pan syndrome. I refuse to grow up and often forget how old I am.
ReplyDeleteI bet she has a Tinker Belltattood on her ass too. How much are you betting?
ReplyDeletehey there beautiful. <3
ReplyDelete(I know this because she has a giant Tinker Bell keychain, Tinker Bell on her phone case, a Tinker Bell sticker on the rear window of her car, and her seats in the car are totally decked out in Tinker Bell seat covers.)
she pisses me off too. she seems so demanding and controlling. but she's gorgeous. i think any character that is over-hyped pisses me off though i remember seeing a few of her own films. she tends to be a good person, as all these female characters are in children's films.
oh my God i actually had to look that up. i've never seen that. i have to see that soon.
(The Sword in the Stone. You should watch it immediately.)
okay. let me think... hmmm... i'd have to say Zazu from the Lion King. he's a natural Percy. honestly, it could've been Percy in a mini bird suit. but my inner spirit is Terk from Tarzan and only because Terk is a girl and not a boy.
comment reply:
i've been trying to write a post but i found it impossible to if i didn't go on a mass deleting spree as always. just me and my life.
"Coffee drinks with matcha? BLEH" apparently, some people think it's very fetch. i don't but some people certainly do. ew.
"important paranormal headscarf <-- I love that" i love that too. i always love that whole 'Voldemort is at the back of my head' hijab joke that you see floating around.
"army pants and flip flops--a classic style that will never go out of fashion" i cannot stand flip-flops. for me, the only shoes i exist in is running shoes. until mum forces me to wear something else that is.
- Sam Lupin