I was going to do a follow up post on the church stuff regarding some additional drama that still aggravates me, plus some more complaints about Bosslady* and various other issues currently making me miserable, but then I decided that 'twould be better to try and stay positive.
So here's some good news.
Eleven came home this evening.
(Harley and I have been spying on her through the space under the bedroom door.)
Her kittens have all been adopted. (Apparently they were used in a commercial for some cat toy, which will most definitely be posted here if I ever find it.) She is negative for FIV and feline leukemia and she was spayed on Monday.
She wasn't supposed to come back this soon, but the lady caring for her had some kind of falling out with the cat rescue organization she was working for and thus I got a call Monday evening that all cats being fostered through that organization needed to be removed from her home ASAP.
So here were are.
I had originally debated whether to make Eleven an indoor cat or let her go back to her original home outside, but since she was literally just spayed, I cannot very well just dump her outside now. So perhaps this is a sign from above that Eleven should join my household.
Harley is very interested in what's behind the closed bedroom door. Ivy, surprisingly, doesn't seem to care. Official introductions will [hopefully] occur in about a week, once Eleven is settled in
I'm still something of a stressed out wreck because of not being prepared to take Eleven back so suddenly, on top of everything else, but right now I feel kind of ok. Even so, send some prayers this way please!! Pray Eleven and Harley and Ivy all get along, and especially pray that Eleven is flea-free and worm-free. At this point, fleas and/or intestinal parasites will probably send me over the edge.
In other news.....
I recently discovered that Hyperbole and a Half has an older blog I never knew existed.
If you need something to read, read all of these.
....I had another one, but for the life of me I can't remember what it was.
Hope y'all are having a good week!
*I hate her. I try really hard not to hate people, but I hate her. More on that at a later date maybe.

Goodness what a week ? I am happy Eleven is home. Where I live there are no outdoor cats they are "food" as we call them.
ReplyDeleteMy son who volunteers at the SPCA and adopted two 11 year old bonded black cats and they are only indoor cats. But we were hoping one or both would love to cuddle with thehamish but they don't. He had been such a gud dug and being very sweet to them.
With the care now FIV is no problem. Friend has both type of cats living together with no crossover.
Love the name eleven and she looks so sweet. I hope the kattie will be happy together.
Take care breathe 10 times and say what a nice day. I do that every morning. Big hugs ! ! !
cheers, parsnip and thehamish
Definitely at least keep Eleven inside til her sutures are removed (unless they used dissolving ones...) or unitl she recovers from surgery which is usually about 7-10 days (I worked at a vet). Glad she's neg. for all those diseases!
ReplyDeleteWelcome back, Eleven!
ReplyDeleteIt's great that Eleven is back with you. I'm sure the cats will all get along together fine. It might take a while, but they will. Cats eventually get used to each other. Or, at least, all the cats I've had did. It's also great that she's healthy. I'm sure she'll stay that way if she stays indoors. Keeping them separated for a week is a smart move too. That way she'll already smell of the house - and you - when you make introductions. That should make it easier on all involved.
ReplyDeleteI bet Eleven will be very happy inside. I'm praying for happiness all around at your home.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Janie
I'm glad Eleven is back. I'm sure the cats will find a happy coexistence. Or some sort of coexistence.
ReplyDeleteCame read enjoyed and pleased to hear that Eleven is back and life is mostly good
ReplyDelete