When my mother texts me, pretty much every sentence ends in
an exclamation point.
We had this conversation a while back:
[A few back and forth texts regarding a car issue I had]
Me: Bro-in-law brought the car back to my house.
Mum: Did he charge you?!
Me: Big Sis#2 said not to worry about it.
Mum: Then don't!
Me: Lol why are you yelling?
Mum: When was I yelling?!
Me: The exclamation points make me read it in a yelling
voice.
Mum: Then you're the one yelling!
Me: -___________-
I shall just have to add this to the long long list of
things Mum cannot understand because she refuses to do so.
!!
ReplyDeleteMy son used to do the same thing until his brother told him to stop!!
ReplyDeleteElsie
AJ's wHooligan in the A-Z Challenge
It's a good job she didn't capitalise every letter or that would have just driven me insane. I also read it in a loud, yelly voice.
ReplyDeleteI see a lot of trends in writing including the hyphenation of everything now, and the use of [ ] instead of () but an ! has always been an exclamation to me not a sign of yelling. It can denote sarcasm or humour as well... I think they are over used in text all the time but I think your mum is right about the yelling this time :)
ReplyDeleteIda
Reflex Reactions
Our mothers are on a similar level of punctuation fail -.-;
ReplyDelete