Thank you all so much for your comments with choosing photos for my portfolio!! There are definitely a bunch that everyone seems to like, so that was a huge help. ♥
Insomniac#4 posted a fun author/book survey, and so I'm tagging myself. :) While we all wait anxiously for the publication of A Tale of Fairies, (and YOU'RE ALL WAITING ANXIOUSLY IF YOU KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR YOU), here's some fun stuff about the fairies:
The Rules:
Answer these ten questions about your current WIP (Work In
Progress) on your blog,
Tag five other writers/bloggers and add their links so we
can hop over and meet them.
I don't really know who else is a writer of fiction, so I'll do the same thing Insomniac did: if you're working on a book, you are hereby tagged.
Ten Interview Questions for The Next Big Thing:
What is the working title of your book?
A Tale of Fairies. That's the best I could come up with. I'm open to other suggestions.
Where did the idea come from for the book?
What genre does your book fall under?
Which actors would you choose to play your characters in a
movie rendition?
OMG I love this.
I'm not taking the actors' current ages into consideration, or things like height or whether they're even actors.
Charlotte:
| Elle Fanning |
Hallestrina:
![]() |
| Lauren Holly |
Arcangela:
![]() |
| Nicole Kidman, pre-facelift |
Gregoria:
Saturnine:
| Antonia Prebble, but with lilac-purple hair. |
Jackfairy:
![]() |
| Brian Molko, but blonde |
Davey:
![]() |
| John Cena |
Melusine:
Elk, my lovely illustrator.
The Tesla Fairies:
| I don't have a photo of the actual person, but she kind of looks like Milla only with larger eyes, larger lips, and a slightly rounder face. |
The Locust Man:
| Tilda Swinton. |
What is the one-sentence synopsis of your book?
Will your book be self-published or represented by an
agency?
How long did it take you to write the first draft of your
manuscript?
What other books would you compare this story to within your
genre?
What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest?
Everyone loves psychotic fairies.




I love being able to pick the actors to play your characters, this has really inspired me to want to continue my writing project, I really love this concept and your book sounds incredible in general, I'm going to try and get the money to buy it when it's done Mich, you deserve some recognition for your talents and efforts!
ReplyDeleteHow do you feel about pun-based titles? Something with fair or fairly that isn't as obvious a fairy tale reference or Gail Carson Levine title like fairest? Fair Use. Fair Warning. Fair Competition. UnFair. This is actually difficult to not sound lame, if you'll pardon the ableist slur... It's a clever premise that needs an equally strong title to grab young adults with poor attention spans. Or otherworldly andro-goddesses like Tilda (who I've loved since the 90s thanks to Derek Jarman's published jounals, sigh). Good casting.
ReplyDeleteSince I haven't written in longer than I have been busy not sculpting, I shan't post my own answers. I'll just say glad you're alive and I'm too tired to think of anything else witty or relevant at the moment.
ReplyDeleteI was worrying about you, but your tumblr helped allay the worst of it. Unless you're tumbling from beyond the grave o.O
ReplyDeleteI'm now waiting more anxiously than ever. MORE ANXIOUSLY, I TELL YOU!
Tilda Swinton, OMG YES.
"Everyone loves psychotic fairies" FUCKING OATH!
P.S
ReplyDeleteNaNo doesn't count, right?
i'm so glad you wrote, like Peri, i was starting to worry about you!
ReplyDeleteThe book sounds amazing, i can't wait to buy a copy!
i am reading one now i think you would like-"Ghost Story", by Peter Strab....bizzare and weird fun. There's a quote from it on my Face Book, expressing exactly how i feel these days.
Love you,
tracy
You're back! Yaaay! And your answers are awesome.
ReplyDeleteI thought your book was titled "Queen: A Tale of Fairies"? Did you drop the first part, or am I imagining things? And have any of your rejections been helpful at all? I know a few writers I follow have received very positive replies, with either a 'Your book is great, it's jut not for us.' reply or other constructive critique.
Hell yeah, everyone loves psychotic fairies! I definitely enjoyed what I read and can't wait for the finished product :)
Your cast is spot-on perfect! Elle just looks like a character in one of your novels (or maybe a younger version of you?) ... Charlotte, Hallestrina, and Jackfairy are exactly how I pictured them. And you can't go wrong with Kazehana, lol. I really must get caught up on her blog. It's a lame excuse, but if her blog were public I prob would have popped in at least once. Out of sight, out of mind. Stupid new Blogger format!
I'm giving myself a Friday night deadline to produce a decent excerpt of The Lighthouse for you. Hope your appearance at the Autumn Festival was a success!
xoxo
I am going to finally start reading your book tonight! Psyched :)
ReplyDeleteI just posted this on Peri's blog too, but I thought you'd appreciate it. My brother and his fiancee are going to SF for their honeymoon for the NaMoWriMo event: http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/writeathon
Cool right?