Thursday, September 15, 2016

When I asked you to build me a wall I was rather hoping that instead of just dumping the bricks in a pile you might have found time to cement them together... you know, one on top of another, in the traditional fashion.

I need one of those interlock things attached to my computer because


.......it's for Halloween.*

How such things went out of fashion I'll never know. Yes I realize they are somewhat complicated to assemble and a bit suffocating and bodily movement is very limited while wearing it, BUT IT'S SO PURRTY.


I dropped my upright bass on my foot this week.

Owning that instrument is fraught with dangers. Just moving it from one room to another poses significant risks to my physical health.





One time I had a dream that I could fly around on it, like a witch's broom.


#goals


My Day of Oldering** fast approaches, and already Mumsy and Lil Sis are stressing me out by trying to make a fuss.

I hate fuss. Every year is exactly the same--I insist I want no fuss, no party, nothing extravagant whatsoever, maybe just dinner out somewhere quiet and inexpensive and that's it.

So far, TWO dinners out are planned (one at an absurdly expensive steak house), and Mummers has been calling and texting non-stop demanding I send her a wish list for presents.

I don't want to seem ungrateful. Quite the opposite. I am very grateful that I'm getting two nice dinners and that I have a mother who wants to get me lots of presents. But I hate that she's spending so much money. I feel guilty.

So instead I tried to come up with a few things that I actually need, like these super sweet boots:


(I need another pair of boots to wear to work.)

and a used laptop with Windows (I need a computer with Windows*** to do freelancing transcription work to make some extra $$).

Mumsy responded to this with, "FINE I'll just give you money then!"

Righto.


Adventure to Weyerbacher should be [hopefully] happening this weekend. I am super excited.
































*I shall use Halloween as an excuse to wear it out in public. I really just love period costumes and will probably keep buying more until the day I die.

**I stole that word from Tempest.


***I would never normally endorse the use of Microsoft Windows.


27 comments:

  1. Moms are the coolest. I'm one and I think I'm damn cool :)
    Fun blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I stole the Oldering from Peri! Language is a beautiful thing.

    DONT TEASE, are you really going to bring gowns? Because I am totally down for just wandering into Denny's for waffles in one of those glorious monstrosities. Except that I'd be too scared to do anything in it lest I feck it up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's why people cosplay. You just have to find the right group to cosplay with, and you can wear that gown as many times as you like.

    Then again, you could wear that gown anytime, really. There are some people in this area who really dress up from time to time. There was this student (I believe she's since graduated) that always looked like she stepped out of the 1940s. At school. Hair. Makeup. Shoes. Dresses. Even when she wore jeans, she looked like she'd stepped out of a Rosie the Riveter poster. (Imagine hair and makeup done up right.)

    In other words, rock it if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That dress is absolutely gorgeous. If you won't wear it out of Hallowe'en then you need to get the most out of it that you can now. The boots look pretty awesome too. I'm hoping that I still have a good chunk of money by the time Black Friday hits. I'll probably have to save up all of October for that. But I really could do with a new computer and that's the best way to get a better one than I have now.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Happy to be a new minion!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my dearest Mich, you look splendid. more that splendid
      in that amazing gown, wherever did you find it? I too, love period clothing, unfortunately at this time in life, I am waaaaaaay to fat to wear anything fetching...frown. I am sure you get the catalog "Pyramid", yes? Those boots are amazing too!

      Love you!

      Delete
  6. LOVE THE DRESS !
    Love the boot to but I could never wear them.
    I know you don't want a fuss but what a nice Mum to want to spoil you a little.

    cheers, parsnip and thehamish

    ReplyDelete
  7. IT'S SO PRETTY I WANT IT! The historical costumer in me got super exciting seeing the the preview pic.

    You should wear it to your birthday dinner(s). The boots are gorgeous, too. I seriously need a good pair of lace-up dress boots.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just think how much different Harry Potter could have been if they played Quidditch while flying on upright basses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. The boots are amazing! If they come in steel-toe, you'll be fine around the upright bass!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Windows 10. I used to have a computer with Linux, I miss it but there are few things that just require windows...

    ReplyDelete
  11. You do look beautiful in that dress! So I take it Mom will only be happy with a list that she generates and you say, "well, okay" to (as long as you say it enthusiastically)?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gah! I have been trying for 2 days to leave a comment but I keep getting an error message from Wordpress. Damn, them anyway.

    I *LOVE* that dress with a fierce love. I would want to wear it every single day.

    Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment on my blog. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm all for cash, to be honest. Happy B-Day, Mich!

    ReplyDelete
  14. can't go wrong with money. :) (you can keep that fashion all to yourself...) :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. The dress is simply gorgeous. But the boots look torturous. Ouch.

    ReplyDelete
  16. The dress , very bette davis in JEZABEL

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look so beautiful!

    I know I have YET AGAIN (ffs Mhairi), fallen behind with all of this beautiful blogdom. I am a terrible blogging friend.

    But I wanted to take this opportunitiy to write to you and say the biggest, warmest, heart skippingly humungerous thank you to you. Whether you have realised it or not, it is you that has helped bring me back here pretty much every time over the past two years. Things have been tough and you have been there through all of it for me. I want you to know that when I get round to complying all my posts and any extras into a (probably self published) book that I would like you to be the first person to receive a copy. I will write a #1 somewhere on it and it shall be yours. I really feel like I owe you the world for keeping me on the tracks with my writing however in frequent it has become whilst things have been so hard. You really are wonderful and I hope I can always keep telling you that.

    So much love, M xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. That dress, with those shoes; holy crapola I'd be a happy little porker! You look stunning, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Why do I get the impression that you have a closet full of extravagant ball gowns and almost no jeans or sweats. The more I see of your blog the harder it is to picture you in anything casual.

    Mich's magic flying bass should be a comic strip or animated short.

    I'm sorry I missed your day of oldering (great word, btw) as I fell way behind on blog visits. Hope you had a wonderful Bday!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow, that is stunning. Sure, it's not practical, and it's easy to trip up, but it looks amazing, doesn't it?

    Yep, I love the new Windows, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Day of Oldering, many days late.......Hope it was all you wished for....love you!

      Delete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.