Tuesday, December 29, 2015

THE MUSHROOM OF COURSE

Howdy y'all. Hope everyone is enjoying the holidays. We had a pretty quiet Christmas this year--just Mumsy, me, Lil Sis, Big Sis#2, Useless-in-Law, and Niecey G.

I have a new bass.


(Lil Bro#1 has a guitar that looks almost the same, which is called Ragnar. hence my bass has been christened Rollo.)

Rollo punched me in the face last night while I was trying to practice playing for church, so he is aptly named. That thing is friggin heavy.

I also got a MASSIVE supply of Sakura pens.


And Lil Sis got me a great colouring book, so I have been arting quite a bit.


Which has led me to steal Tempest's New Years resolutions from last year: Do no harm, take no shit, and make good art (whatever form that art may be).

IN OTHER NEWS

I think I like a boy. And for once in.... ........... pretty much my entire life, he is not a manwhore, he is not an asshole, and (as far as I know, at least), he is not married or in a relationship. (I probably just jinxed myself saying/typing that out loud, but I can't keep this bottled up for any longer; I'm about to explode.

He's rather a bit older than I am, but at this stage I think it's a certainty that I will end up settling down with someone older (if I ever settle down....). He's not even that cute. I just like him a lot.

But being the most awkward person ever and just socially disabled in general, I don't know what to do. He is one of those people who never uses social media. I have his number because he's one of the drummers for the church band, but that's only because we do a lot of group messaging for the band. I want to ask one of the other bands members if he is in fact single, but that is a level of awkward from which I don't think I could easily recover.



SO I DUNNO WHAT TO DO

Which means I'll probably sit in silence and do nothing.



So how were the holidays for the rest of you? Any exciting plans for New Years Eve? Mine will be unexciting, with just M., another friend, Lil Bro #2, and myself. We'll be eating a gourmet dinner of slow-cooked short ribs and my signature rosemary smashed red potatoes, plus playing Yoshi and Mortal Kombat on Nintendo 64. And lots of alcohol. 

19 comments:

  1. Ask if he is single. What could go wrong?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love your "Akward" picture...adorable! Will be waiting to hear more about Boy! Love you! (I can only post if I use "Reply" for some reason....)

      Delete
    2. EVERYTHING good go wrong. Shame. Humiliation. Horror. Calamity.
      o_O

      Delete
    3. No my sweet Well, except what you just wrote. Happened at my place :( Exactly what you said Shame Humiattion Horror. Calamity Wannna run away!

      Delete
    4. Did that happen with Boy? I am so very, very sorry!

      Delete
    5. Here's something that might cheer you up....I called the police on myself......GAH!

      Delete
    6. Yep, I really did....so, you should feel really good about you!

      Delete
    7. Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you are sooooooooooooooo lucky you are notmarried!

      Delete
  2. Go for it! If you can survive self-assault by bass, you can survive a touch of embarrassment.

    (In other words, do as I say, not as I've done...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The fourth, unspoken resolution was courtesy of Kazehana: And give no fucks.

    For the boy, I recommend something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn-VJVhcsos

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and on the eighth day, God dropped some acid and created Papua New Guinea

      Delete
  4. I got a coloring book, too, for Christams :)

    Maybe ask him if he wants to jam?

    ReplyDelete
  5. All I plan to do today is get drunk and eat junk food. I only got three hours sleep last night so that's going to help. Oh and drown in coffee. I know how it is to be socially stunted and awkward. But you're just going to have to bite the bullet and find out if he's single. If he's older then take a look at his ring finger. If there's nothing on there there's a good chance. If you like him then pull up your big girl pants and go for it.

    Or just whack him with Rollo and take him to that magical place at the back of your wardrobe he'll never escape from.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll, you could just jump in with both feet & say feck it...that's what I would do, but then again I've been married for longer than you've been alive :-)
    I think I might need one of those coloring books, too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Go for it. Don't let life pass you by.
    Which is similar to my philosophy: don't let a beer pass you by.
    But, you're young.
    Go for that "life" thing.
    Beer can wait until middle age.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I feel your awkwardness. It took me six months of stalking before my now fiancé caught on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Replies
    1. "Tell me more, tell me more, like does He have a car?"

      Delete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.