Wednesday, August 12, 2015

but I'm not going far 'til the haldol kicks in

Last week, Lil Sis and I took Big Sis#1's kids to Six Flags for the day. The day before that was an uncomfortably dramatic one. Lil Sis's boyfriend was supposed to go, not me, but he bailed at the last minute, which caused Lil Sis to have a total meltdown (it doesn't take much, to be honest...). Then she had to find a nice way to tell Big Sis#2 that we did not think her daughter, Niecey G should come to Six Flags (because even though she's 10, she acts like she's 5, won't go on any rides, and tends to make everyone else miserable if she's not getting exactly what she wants). We stuck with the no rides thing as the reason.

So Big Sis#2 was pissed, but we at least were not stuck dragging Niecey G around Six Flags all day. Lil Sis's Lil Bro and his cousin came with us as well, so Nephew wouldn't be the only boy.

(Here's an updated family tree in case y'all aren't confused enough already.)


We had a pretty good day at Six Flags. Big Sis#1's children are perfect. (Seriously, the entire family needs to be studied so this parenting style can be replicated.)


Mich's review of some of the rides at Six Flags Great Adventure:

1. Superman




2. El Torro




3. Bizarro




4. The Log Flume




5. Houdini




6. Nitro




7. Skull Mountain


Nieces#1 and 2, and Nephew dragged me on that one. I only agreed because it doesn't go upside down, and you can't see anything at all, so you don't know what to be afraid of. My experience of the ride:




They were all upset because they couldn't go on Kingda Ka, as it was shut down most of the day. Why anyone would want to go on the tallest and second fastest roller coaster in the world when it is constantly breaking is beyond me.

19 comments:

  1. I'm so never having kids. Love the pink outfit.

    / Avy
    http://MyMotherFuckedMickJagger.blogspot.com




    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, yeah, I so remember Niecy G.....! Love this post beyond words. I hope it means you are feeling a bit better. These pictures are truly among your very best. I wish you were here to illustrate our life these days! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So good to get an update
    Hope this means you are feeling better

    Sending you love, hugs and a sprinkling of fairy dust x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't been to a full size amusement park since I was a kid. Those are some big rides. I'd go nowhere near them of course. You made the right decision by choosing to leave a kid out. It's a shame but if she would have ruined it for everyone else it wasn't worth taking her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. which caused Lil Sis to have a total meltdown (it doesn't take much, to be honest...) <--this is me.

    omg i am pretty much the same age as Lil Sis too eh?!

    the more i look at the diagram, the more my head hurts.

    the Log Flume is perfect. absolutely love everything about that little pic.

    what are you eating in #5? is that the fabled funnel cake? i heard it was one of the fair things, but i am not sure if fairs and amusement parks are the same thing.

    #6's facial expression = after a long night of vigorous sex.

    #7's facial expression = when Percy opens the email detailing his grades, i.e. future.

    "Why anyone would want to go on the tallest and second fastest roller coaster in the world when it is constantly breaking is beyond me." #logic


    -Sam Lupin

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, that looks like so much fun! Man, I wish there was stuff like that closer to me. Your drawings never fail to make me giggle :)

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Quite the family tree... or is it a family vine...

    ReplyDelete
  11. LMFAO man this was a funny read and your drawings.... haaha..!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Checking in during my self-imposed exile....
    As the kids have grown and virtually moved out of the house (son has graduated from college and moved to Virginia while daughter is entering her senior year at college next week), I don't go to amusement parks much anymore. But, I'm sure the cycle will start all over again once the grandchildren arrive (eventually). Unfortunately, by then Grandpa will hurl on the tram ride from the parking lot.
    By the way, great family tree. Mine is full of nuts.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Strange, my sis have never asked me to join her family on outings.

    I'd probably behave worse than her youngest, the one with ADD, though. Don't wanna!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Big sis is 47? Is your dad 80?!

    Also, you don't have a tree, you have a family strangler fig.

    I'm thinking of asking for a little time off that week in September. Whereabouts in Kentucky will you be roaming?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol! Her dad might be like my mom. My mom is 64. My big sis is 46...and she's a grandmother. My grandniece and grandnephew are both turning 6 next month.

      Delete
  15. This is about my experience going to any kind of amusement park. I hate rides, so I sit on the bench and eat sugary snacks until finally someone lets me go home.

    Needless to say, not great with kids.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your illustrations! I second that "I so am never having kids!" remark.

    ReplyDelete
  17. You're a brave, brave person. I have six nieces and nephews ranging from age 5 to 14 and I will never, ever take them to an amusement park again! I almost lost my sanity. So yay you! Six Flags is pretty cool, I've been a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.