I was a pig today, but I did go on a 3 hour hike up a mountain. I found a castle. Like LEGIT. In the woods. [Only in new Jersey...] Check it:
That's the corner of one of the larger rooms. I would have gotten a better photo, but the phone died immediately after I took that pic. I plan on taking the good camera there the next time it's not 500 degrees outside. It's called the VanSlyke Castle, and it has a pretty interesting history.
Ramapo Mountain and Ringwood State Parks are pretty awesome. I've started going there instead of Ramapo Reservation, because at this point I could probably navigate the whole of the Res while drunk and blindfolded. Don't get me wrong, the Ramapo Res is fabulous and I love it, but I need new scenery. There's some pretty good bike trails at Ramapo Mountain (and apparently, castles hidden up in the hills), so maybe I'll actually get some motivation to go biking. Not sure how I'm going to manage getting Little Sis's bicycle into my teeny tiny Yaris. That will be an adventure in itself.
So it's official. It has happened. I cannot deny it any longer.
...
I have run out of drugs.
No prescription pills, no smokey treats, no diet pills, no emergency Sudafed. NO NOTHING.
I suppose this could be considered a good thing. I'll just keep that in mind and run with it.
Does anyone know what happened to Mona?
Her blog - She Smiles With Me - is gone. I keep checking hoping that it will return, but it's been a while, and I miss her!!! I know in one of her last entries, she mentioned that someone might have seen the blog, so perhaps she deleted it. I hope you're okay, Mona if you're still out there reading!!

I'm still here! I changed my blog address in case I had been caught and for some reason I think that messed up all my followers, because when I did I started getting 0 feedback... I'm still reading, I'm just so behind on everyone because everything's so crazy... I didn't mean to disappear! ♡
ReplyDeleteAhh, you seriously go to cool places.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad we found Monda. xD
Point is, running out of drugs is possibly a good thing. I guess we'll see how it goes. Chances are, you'll end up feeling better.
<3
omg wow i love taht palce
ReplyDeleteim jeaslous u got hiking trails by u i dont stupid ass small town ugh