I'm sure this may come as a shock, but I'm going to complain now.
I guess this is sort of a continuation of that post I did about my weird pet peeves.
Know what I really really hate, like more than anything else that involves driving?
Supermarket parking lots.
People misbehaving in the grocery store is bad enough, but I think all of mankind's worst attributes come out in the grocery store parking lot.
1. People taking up three parking spaces because they're too lazy to back up and straighten themselves out.
2. People leaving shopping carts in the middle of parking spaces instead of taking the extra 20 seconds to bring it back to the shopping cart return thingy.
3. People letting their shopping carts run away and crash into other people's cars.
4. People not stopping and looking before flooring it out of their parking spaces.
5. Other people getting pissed off and honking their horns when you're very slowly and carefully backing out of your space because there are cars beside you and you have not yet acquired the ability to see through solid objects.
6. People on foot darting out from behind parked cars without looking, and then giving you dirty looks when you have to slam on your brakes to avoid hitting them.
7. Seagulls. The ocean is very far away. Where did you come from? Why are you here? And why do you all hate me?
There are certain supermarkets I at which I will not shop because I really hate their parking lots. Unlike most Americans, I will not circle the parking lot searching for the space closest to the door, and I will not stalk people who look like they are about to leave so that I can park closer to the door.
I park as far away from other cars and people as possible.
So that was my lunch break. Now on to more things that I hate:
People who never shut up.
You might be a really nice person. You might be an awesome person to hang out with.
If you're the sort of person who cannot handle silence and/or has no inner monologue and so must speak every single thought in your head out loud, we can't be friends. I'm sorry, that's just the way it has to be.
In an unfortunate twist of fate (or perhaps God just trying to see how far he can push my patience and anger management) there are two people in my life who just cannot shut up, and they are people from whom I cannot escape: Bosslady, and my mother.
There have been times where I thought there was someone else in the house, or someone else in the office because Bosslady and Mumsy were talking as though having a conversation with another person. I know it's not their fault; it's just their personalities. But the longer they keep talking, the more annoyed I get. The result of this is that when I reach my breaking point, I sound mad without meaning to when I talk to them, which leads to confusion (and in the case of Mumsy, fights for no reason). And then I feel bad afterwards.
I don't know which of the two of them is worse. Mumsy tends to fly off the handle even when I don't think I sound pissed off, and then she throws a tantrum.
Bosslady, on top of never shutting up, has that particular Yankee accent where almost every sentence she speaks sounds like a question, and a lot of the time she has a very condescending tone that I don't think is intentional. And both of them tend to repeat themselves over and over and over and over and over and over to a ridiculous degree, and that's another thing that annoys me.
It took me years to figure out why I spend so much time feeling really angry for no apparent reason. Praise the Lord for Zoloft.
How are all y'all doing?