Friday, April 25, 2014

V is for Video Games

You have probably heard of Candy Crush by now. If you have never played it, DON'T START. I'm on level 370-something. When I started, I never thought I would get this far. Then I downloaded it onto my mother's ipad and connected it to her facebook account, so I could send myself lives. Lil Sis made fun of me a lot for this. She is now on level 128, and has downloaded Candy Crush onto her boyfriend's phone so she can send herself lives.

This bothers me because I was never a big video gamer. I mean yeah I loved video games as a kid, but not to the extremes I've seen some people love video games (like Lil Bro#1, who can sit and play those war games for up to 12 hours at a time; or the lads in my friend C's family, who once played Zelda for LITERALLY 18 HOURS NON-STOP because it was raining and we couldn't go to the beach).

I grew up on the original Nintendo and Sega Megadrive, and later Sega Saturn and Nintendo 64.

swear it works
With pretty much all the games I had, you could only move forward and jump. My brain has trouble with 3D (although I did love Knights on Sega Saturn, that game was brilliant). I can kick anyone's arse in Mortal Kombat, but beyond that I am abysmal at video games. When we were playing Zelda down the shore, I was the one who started out with the controller and after half an hour of grief, I declared defeat because I couldn't find my way out of the first village.

I don't mind watching other people play video games, though. I will keep up a running commentary, and be merciless with my insults.  

....update since I composed this post: I have stopped the relentless playing of Candy Crush. Because I am currently a slave to Pokemon Yellow. 

I HAVE THE MERMAID DOG NOW



Don't judge me.

9 comments:

  1. I won't judge you for playing Pokemon Yellow. At least you're playing a real video game. I've got no interest in starting Candy Crush so I'm safe. If you'd like a new addiction try 2048. You slide tiles into tiles of the same number and keep going until you have 2048. It took me weeks to finally finish it and free myself from the madness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. I remember waiting in line at a bar (1972?) waiting to plunk down 25 cents to play against the winner of an awesome new game the size of a refrigerator called "PONG."

    A better video game will never be invented!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm obsessed with 2048 as well! Been stuck at 1024 for AGES. Can't seem to get that elusive 2048 tile. This game is ruining my life. haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. The only two video games I got addicted to was Tron and Super Mario Brothers. So much fun.
    Nana Prah

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Pokemon so much. Not even ashamed. I was more of a Rapidash fan. :D get ittttttt

    ReplyDelete
  6. No judging here. If the game doesn't have a joystick and a big red button, I don't bother. Unless it's a full blown arcade version of Centipede with a roller ball and a big red button.

    ReplyDelete
  7. DON'T MAKE ME PICK MY FAVOURITE POKEMON.

    MY HEAD WILL EXPLODE FROM THE IMPOSSIBILITY OF IT.

    I play with fucking pixel ponies. I can't judge ANYONE!

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.