Wednesday, March 5, 2014

stood close hell fire barbed wire

....a sequel...

I have acquired a second plant.


I put this one in the office, behind my desk so I can smell hyacinths all day. Also, Plant the First has perked up some. My apartment smells heavenly.

Wasn't kidding when I said I sometimes pursue these notions to the point of absurdity. All I can think about now is that I want more hyacinths. 

My Granny loved hyacinths as well. She used to grow them in a bucket in the cupboard under the stairs. In the dark. They bloomed every spring and I was convinced Granny had magic powers.  

5 comments:

  1. Good luck with beautiful hyacinth - it's a gorgeous colour. Grannies always have magic powers. :)
    Looking forward to what you do with the A to Z Challenge!

    Jemima
    #TeamDamyanti
    Join in the A to Z Challenge Theme Reveal Blogfest

    ReplyDelete
  2. They smell so good, even the little person next to them is smiling =)

    Elsie
    AJ's wHooligan in the A-Z Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. MOAR PLANTZ!!! You simply cannot have enough signs of spring after this godawful winter. Is it over yet? Are we finally done with snow? April seems years away when I look at my slush-covered yard, and seconds away when I see the comments above are linking to A-Z. You're almost done?!? I've barely started. :/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had three plants that were beautiful although the soil had gnat eggs (it was from Lowe's, apparently that is a problem with their soil, so don't get it from there!) and I kept getting gnats. My three plants are no more, unfortunately. One day I grabbed a glass of what I thought was water and poured it on the plants. Turns out it was white vinegar - I must have been delirious because I didn't smell the vinegar - and my poor plants all died in less than two days. I hope your plants have a much longer life than mine did! :)

    What a pretty colour the flowers are!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Now I want to plant some next to the lavender.

    You, my dear, are a BAD influence :p

    ReplyDelete

We say whatever we want to whomever we want, at all times.