....Lemme back up.
So the first of 2 WovenHand shows is on tonight. This one's in Brooklyn. My colourist was supposed to go with me because I'm terrified of NYC and have never driven into Brooklyn. Weeks ago, we planned that I was to meet him at the salon after work, go in his car to his flat in NYC, and then we would cab it to Brooklyn for the show, then back to his flat, I would crash there, and we'd both go back to the salon in the morning.
Excellent plan, save for the fact that the arsehole bailed today at around lunchtime.
Cue the biggest panic attack I have had in years. I got myself so worked up about driving into an unfamiliar city at night alone that I reached the point of vomiting.
But all is well now. I have pills, and an amazing friend who agreed to come with me with only an hour's notice.
I got a versatile blogger award from the gorgeous and enormously talented Loulou. !!!
Thank you m'lady. You are too kind. <3
I'm supposed to reveal 7 things about myself and then nominate 7 others, but since I can't think of seven things, I'm going to do what I did one of the last times and empty my purse, as I had to do that anyway in preparation for Wovenhand, so I don't break my shoulder carrying everything I own around with me for the next five hours.
|(click to embiggen)|
1. My wallet
2. One of the books I'm writing, flash drive with all books in progress, extra ink for the fountain pen, extra pens, rolls of film I need to develop, and a list of words I like
3. Various medication, most of it boring, unfortunately.
4. Spare keys. It's frightening how often I lock myself out of the car.
5. Weird charm bag thing that's supposed to be good luck, and a fortune from a cookie.
6. An Alethiometer.
7. Rosary beads, angel stone, obsidian rock, and an adorable bug in a glass stone from Clytie.
8. Business cards and bookmarks for my books, which I leave in random places because you never know who might pick it up.
9. Ciggies, and fire.
10. Travel toothbrush, bottle opener (wine and beer), and a tin of teabags.
11. Various necessities: tissues, hand sanitizer, wipes, eyedrops
12. More weapons than anyone probably needs to carry in a purse.
13. Hair brush and scrunchies
14. Cosmetics, for touch ups throughout the day.
*. Fun(maybe?) fact: that is a bloodstain from one of my nervous breakdowns. : /
For the seven people I'm supposed to nominate, I ask all of you wonderful people to now nominate yourselves,
and then fight for the award. TO THE PAIN.
Time to go bounce off the walls some more and take more xanax before I leave. DEE photos will probably be posted at 2AM when I'm too high on life to sleep. :D